Sunday, October 4, 2015

Dipping a toe in

So I have tried 'draft to digital' with one book, limiting distribution to a bookseller called Tolino since it is already everywhere else with smashwords, and I'm still having trouble publishing a multivolume set in one volume, even with their automated system.  Smashwords has a 'style guide' that is rather extensive, but once tried, is not difficult to implement though more complicated books are still rather indigestible to their 'meat grinder.'  D2D boasts that it has no style guide save your own, which has its own set of problems.  I cannot say that I am so impressed I am going to bother switching over quite yet, but we'll see once I try updating my 'In Shadow,' box set when the new book comes out.

Update: it seems that though D2D does not have a style guide, they have a style guide, go figure.  I'll be sticking with smashwords rather than reinventing the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment