Friday, November 6, 2015

To be continued…?

As an indie author, I'm always looking for new or better ways to publish my work.  I've been a smashwords fan from the beginning of my indie career (a breathtaking 3 years) and am still a happy client.  I expanded to amazon because, well, it is amazon, though I really have not been too thrilled with their treatment of non-amazon exclusive authors (or even non-prime members on occasion).  I dabbled with 'draft to digital' but found no reason to switch from smashwords.  Today I thought I'd explore google play, but apparently they are closed to new authors temporarily (I believe it dates back to May!) but, 'hey, come back soon and check it out!'  Soon?  Six months is not soon (this is November).  I begin to wonder if they are scrapping the program, and if so, it would be nice if they'd just be honest and say so.  But I do believe they also purchased Oyster (a monthly reading subscription service) so maybe something is brewing?  But for now, I guess I'll just stick with the same old same old.

No comments:

Post a Comment