Thursday, January 28, 2016

A word from Inigo Montoya

In the midst of all these revisions, I have found my favorite mistake by far.  To quote Inigo Montoya from 'The Princess Bride: 'You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.'  I wanted to use the word 'descendants' as in children or progeny, rather I had used 'decedents,' which I had never really thought of as a word before, but it means 'those who have preceded you in death.'  Rather ironic, but probably a spell check error: I had initially spelled it wrong and not paying close enough attention had picked the wrong word off the spell check list.  At least they haven't unleashed autocorrect in Word yet, and I hope they never do!

I've updated the entire 'Serpent' series both on Amazon and everywhere else, including the 'Complete' collection.  'Once a Thief' is also done but Amazon is having kittens when I try and upload it, but it should be available everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment